Head of the project
Nicola Navone (Lugano, 1967) is deputy director of the Archivio del Moderno, a lecturer at the Mendrisio Academy of Architecture, Università della Svizzera italiana, and a member of the PhD programme “Architecture. Innovation and Heritage”, Università degli Studi di Roma Tre. His research is focused on figures and key moments of the contribution offered by Ticinese architects and craftsmen, from Domenico Fontana to Francesco Borromini, up to the role played in the transfer and diffusion of Italian architectural culture in East Europa. He paid particular attention to the emergence, during the second half of the twentieth century, of an internationally recognised contemporary Ticinese architecture, a topic to which he has devoted numerous publications and focused his courses at the Academy of Architecture, the visiting professorship at the Università Iuav in Venice (March-May 2013) and the FNS research project “Architecture in the Canton Ticino, 1945-1980”.